Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Rules

I see two sides to this issue of "censorship."

I certainly agree that arbitrary removal of comments is unacceptable, especially if comments contain juicy morsels of insider information that all of us can enjoy.

BUT

I agree with Will that there should also be a code of conduct observed.

I think it's best we follow the military with the "Don't ask, don't tell" rule for comments on sexual behavior. Unless there are serious political implications involved in said sexual behavior or misbehavior, I don't want to hear about it. (Example: I don't want to hear about how great one's ass is or how hot you are.)

I also think there shouldn't be any "anonymous" comments. If you work in politics and you aren't creative enough to think up a pseudonym, you have no business in politics or commenting here.

With rules in place, no one can argue that there's censorship going on, at least not of the ideological kind.