Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Christians and Executions

Now I do not want to hear the defense of "an eye for an eye" - that is overdone and from talking to a friend of mine that fancies himself an amateur theologian - not really applicable. I don't want Jefferson, Locke, or one of Asm. Chuck Devore's vaunted Claremont folks quoted - give me Biblical text!

I am seeking solid Biblical back up for your beliefs!

How can Christians that believe the Bible is the infallible word of God, support the Death Penalty and state executions? (Note: I support the Death Penalty)

From what I understand - Catholics oppose it, some Evangelicals oppose it too, but all the Republican self described Christians support it and want it expanded. To be fair most Democrats in the Legislature support it too.

But let me hear from you self described Christians out there - how does the Bible support executions?